Sakura-con 2015 Day 0

Sakura-con for me in 2014 was an amazing convention experience. It was the first convention I had attended in the US and I loved every moment of it. Let’s see if Sakura-con 2015 can top the previous year.


So who went on this amazing adventure with me? Let’s just say the guest list was impressive.

Waking up Thursday morning, I was super hyped for my trip down to Sakura-con 2015. Sadly, I would have to grind through about half a day before heading down to Seattle. First thing first, I headed to class and managed to make it through somehow. Later in the afternoon at around 3:00pm, I headed over to Astro’s house to pick him up. After grabbing him, I headed down to Braid station to get his friend as well.


Having everyone I was scheduled to pick up in my car, we headed down for on our road trip. It didn’t take us too long to get to the border. Unfortunately, the border was busy when we got there and the wait time was fairly high. The people in our line seemed to have the worst luck since the border guard got almost every driver to pop open their trunk. When it got to our turn, I expected a lengthy conversation and an inspection. However, we were lucky and he only asked a question or two before letting us pass. (Apparently going down to Sakura-con is not sketchy)

Without wasting any time, we headed to a gas station to fill up on gas for the long drive down. About half-way, we hit up a Wal-Mart to stock up for the days ahead. We spent about an hour there and it was about 8pm before we left. We grabbed the usual ‘supplies’ for a convention including drinks, chips, snacks, etc. Needless to say, we were ready for the convention in terms of sustenance.

Apparently I didn’t take a picture of the hotel, have Nisekoi waifus instead.

We arrived at the hotel at around 9pm and met up with Ippikiryu and his friend before checking in. For some reason, they arrived at 4pm and decided to wait for us at the hotel. I got there just in time to get BMed by them for being ‘late’. Oh well, nothing we could have really done about that.

The next course of action was to go grab some dinner. After fiddling around on my phone for a long time, we hit up a Japanese Latin fusion restaurant. It was 11pm by the time we got there and we were worried it would be closed. Luckily, it closed at midnight and we made it just in time for Happy Hour. After having a pricey but decent dinner, we headed back to the Sheraton Seattle Hotel.

Dropping off my stuff in the room was the first order of business. With that done, I decided to meet up with the rest of the meme crew in dark_sage, puddi, and rekyu at their room. I brought over most of our supplies I had obtained at Wal-Mart and we were set for the night. Not too long into our ‘chill’ time, hotel staff came up and told us to lower the noise level before we get kicked out. šŸ˜¦ Apparently one of our neighbors had filed a complaint against us. The sound of Aizen singing was just too great for them.

For reference, this is Aizen.

With not much else left to do, we called it an early night and went to dream land to prepare our bodies for the weekend of hype and excitement.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s